- Drones are changing the game for roofing companies.
- Thanks to drone technology, roofing inspections can now be carried out quickly, easily, and, most importantly, safely.
- In the wintertime, ice dams can form on the edges of your roof.
- So why not ditch the ropes and go with drones instead?
- With drones, you can get an up-close and personal look at every square inch of your roof without ever having to leave the ground.
- You can also inspect an entire roof in just a few hours.
Drones are changing the game for roofing companies. No need for ladders or risky maneuvering on roofs anymore! What was once a dangerous and time-consuming task can now be done quickly and easily with the help of a drone. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at how drones are helping during roofing inspections and what property owners can expect from this new technology.
How Does Drone Roof Inspection Work?
Roofing inspections can now be carried out quickly, efficiently, and, most importantly, safely, thanks to drone technology. Here’s a closer look at how drone roof inspection works.
The first step is to deploy the drone. This usually happens early in the morning when there’s little wind and traffic around the building. Once the drone is in place, it will carry out a detailed scan of the entire roof area, taking high-resolution photos and videos.
Data Collection & Analysis
Once the initial scan is complete, the next step is to download all of the data collected by the drone onto a computer. A roofing professional will then analyze this data for any signs of damage or wear and tear. This could include cracked or missing tiles, leaks, or loose seams.
Based on their analysis of the data collected by the drone, the roofing professional will provide you with a report, including repair recommendations. In some cases, these repairs may be able to be carried out by your maintenance staff. However, in other cases, it may be necessary to call in a professional roofing contractor to carry out more extensive repairs. Either way, thanks to drone roof inspection, you’ll have all the information you need to decide how best to maintain your property.
What Can You Find out from a Drone Roof Inspection?
Here are just a few of the things that your contractor will be able to see with this new technology:
1. Loose or missing shingles. Your roof is constantly subjected to the elements, which can cause damage over time. With a drone roof inspection, your contractor can identify any shingles that have come loose or blown away entirely. This is important because missing shingles can lead to leaks and further damage down the line.
2. Signs of wear and tear. Even if your shingles are intact, they may show signs of wear and tear. With a drone inspection, your contractor can get a close-up view of your roof and identify any areas that need repair or replacement.
3. Debris build-up. Leaves, twigs, and other debris can accumulate on your roof over time. If left unchecked, this build-up can lead to clogged gutters and drains, which can eventually cause water damage to your home or office. A drone roof inspection will allow your contractor to identify debris build-up areas so they can be cleared away before they cause any problems.
4. Obstructions on the roof. If there are any trees or power lines near your building, there’s a chance that they could fall and cause damage to your roof. With a drone inspection, your contractor can identify any potential obstructions so that you can remove them before they cause any harm.
5. Ice dams. In the wintertime, ice dams can form on the edges of your roof. These dams can prevent melting snow and ice from draining properly, leading to leaks and water damage inside your home or office. A drone roof inspection will allow your contractor to identify any ice dams that have formed so that you can remove them before they cause any problems.
6 Reasons Why You Should Prefer Drones for Roof Inspection
Traditional methods like rope access can be dangerous, time-consuming, and expensive. So why not ditch the ropes and go with drones instead? Here are six reasons why drones are the best option for roof inspection:
- Gets In-Depth Data – Drones equipped with thermal cameras can detect even the most minor leaks in your roof. Traditional methods like visual inspections can only take you so far. But with drones, you can get an up-close and personal look at every square inch of your roof without ever having to leave the ground.
- Ensures Safety – Let’s face it, climbing on a roof is dangerous. But with drones, there’s no need to put yourself or your employees at risk. Drones can do all the work for you while you stay safely on the ground.
- Gives Faster Results – A traditional roof inspection can take several hours. But with drones, you can inspect an entire roof in just a few hours. That means less downtime for your facility and more time for other essential tasks.
- Environmentally Friendly – Drones run on batteries, so they don’t produce harmful emissions. That’s good news for the environment and your bottom line.
- Helps Save Money – Drones are much cheaper to maintain than traditional methods like rope access. And since they’re so fast and efficient, they can also help you save money on labor costs.
- Less Inconvenient for Customers – Drones are small and discreet, so they won’t disrupt your customers or tenants during an inspection. On the other hand, Rope access crews can be pretty disruptive and intrusive.
Conclusion – Your Roofing Inspection Partner
Don’t be the last one on your block with an old, decrepit roof. Make your neighbors’ jaws drop in awe when they see On the Mark Roofing‘s latest technology – a drone – pulling up to YOUR house to do a spot check of YOUR roof. And it’s FREE. So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and schedule your free inspection in Hendersonville, TN. Your wallet (and your home’s value) will thank you!